Twitter is an outstanding social media tool for interacting with potential leads and customers who may be interested in what you are offering. There are numerous nifty applications out there that augment Twitter by connecting to your account, with permission, and presenting your data in a utilitarian manner. Following are five of these applications that we like.
- Cleaning out those who don't follow back While conventional social media wisdom states that you shouldn't spend too much time worrying about whether someone follows you back or not, there are times when it might make sense to weed some of the non-followers out. For example, if you find that your ratio of friends to followers is lop-sided, and you are trying to build your reach, you may want to comb through the list and clean out some of the ones not following you back.Tweeter Karma is a free application that presents your community in a way that it is easy to see who follows you back and who doesn't and enables you to unfollow selected friends.
- Track multiple streams simultaneously in the same window. Hootsuite is one of several utilities that allows you monitor multiple accounts and threads at the same time. If you are dynamically trying to participate in multiple hashtag discussions from multiple accounts at the same time, this is an excellent solution. Hootsuite also provides an analytics solution, and much of it is free.
- Search for bios and compare commonalities of Twitter users. Another great tool with a lot of free functionality is Followerwonk. This tool is a powerful solution for helping manage your Twitter account. Not the least of which is the bio search feature which allows you to search user bios for keywords of interest, great for finding new people to interact with and follow. additionally, you can graphically compare up to three users with respect to both unique and shared followers. You can also analyze and track followers, as well as follow/unfollow users.
- Design your Twitter page with templates that are generated in conjunction with a particular color scheme using Themeleon. This free tool includes dozens of backgrounds that can be married with thousands of color palettes that determine font, link, and panel colors.
- Be instantly informed via email when you are mentioned on Twitter. Great for enabling quick response to users who are discussing your brand, Twepe is totally free. The tool also can be set to inform you when you get new followers, allows you to tweet via email, and provides you with daily email summaries of this information and more.
These are some of the tools that we use and recommend to our customers, are there others that you use and find particularly remarkable?
Learn more about Inbound Marketing by downloading our free whitepaper: 10 keys to Effective Marketing Online.
Photo Credit Eldh